It is a great honor for us to cordially invite you to the Fifth International Symposium on Computational Methods in Toxicology and Pharmacology Integrating Internet Resources (CMTPI 2009), that will be held in Istanbul, Turkey from July 04 to 08, 2009, which is Dedicated to the 80th Birth Anniversary of Professor Toshio Fujita.
Following the traditions of CMPTI-2001 (Bordeaux, France), CMTPI-2003 (Thessaloniki, Greece), CMTPI-2005 (Shanghai, China), and CMTPI-2007 (Moscow, Russia), CMTPI-2009 will provide an International forum for presentation and discussion, by both highly skilled professionals and young scientists, of recent progress and future trends in all aspects of Computational Methods in Toxicology and Pharmacology including the Internet resources. The Symposium will feature plenary lectures, oral talks and posters broadly covering the following fields:
- (Q)SAR, QSPR and Molecular Modelling in Drug Discovery
- (Q)SAR and QSPR in Environmental Chemistry
- “OMIC”-sciences and bioinformatics applications in pharmacology and toxicology
- Commercial and non-commercial computational tools and databases in the Internet for computational pharmacology and toxicology.
Besides the scientific aspects of the programme you will have a chance to explore one of the most ancient metropolises of the world, Istanbul, which, throughout the centuries, sheltered the oldest and greatest cultures and civilizations of the humanity and where three major empires ruled the world from this powerful capital, the Romans, the Byzantines and the Ottomans, and each of these left their mark on Istanbul, both culturally and architecturally.
It is our intention to make this Symposium a memorable event for the attendees, both scientifically and socially.
Feel free to forward this invitation to any of colleagues who might be interested to take part in the Symposium.
We are looking forward to welcome you to Istanbul in July, 2009, for CMTPI 2009.
|Esin AKI||Ismail YALCIN|
|(Symposium Chairman)||(Symposium Co-Chair)|
Symposium Web Site: www.cmtpi2009.org
Local Organizing Committee
Chair : Esin Aki (Ankara University, Turkey)
Co-Chair : Ismail Yalcin (Ankara University, Turkey)
Members : Ilkay Yildiz (Ankara University, Turkey)
Ozlem Temiz-Arpaci (Ankara University, Turkey)
Betul Tekiner-Gulbas (Ankara University, Turkey)
International Organizing Committee
- James Devillers (CTIS, France)
- Athina Geronikaki (Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki , Greece)
- Vladimir Poroikov (Institute of Biomedical Chemistry of RAMS, Russia)
International Scientific Advisory Board
- Danial Bonchev (Virginia Commonwealth University, USA)
- Stephen H. BRYANT (National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), National Library of Medicine (NLM), USA
- Toshio Fujita (Kyoto University, Japan)
- Barry HARDY, Douglas Connect, Switzerland
- Ali Esat Karakaya (Gazi University, Turkey)
- Hakan Gürdal (Ankara University, Turkey)
- David T. Manallack (Monash University, Australia)
- Sumru Özkırımlı (Istanbul University, Turkey)
- Yusuf Öztürk (Anadolu University, Turkey)
- Erhan Palaska (Hacettepe University, Turkey)
- Sevim Röllas (Marmara University, Turkey)
- Lemi Türker (Middle East Techinical University, Turkey)
- Bruno O. VILLOUTREIX (Paris Descartes University, France)
The proceedings of the CMTPI 2009 meeting will be published in SAR and QSAR in Environmental Research (Taylor & Francis).